Sunday, December 9, 2007

Wow I had a reader

Well, thats nice to know someones listening in. ::waves::

OK, so, ummm, damn. Been doing lots of stuff but now I cant remember. Sec, reading past posts...

OK, so, I had just added a bag of agra-alive sand. Thats all settled now, and I've just been letting the tank mellow. I prolly shouldnt have, but I skipped a few days worth of a water change. I wanted to let thing sjust kinda mellow out. The fish are doing fine. I am cutting back on my feeding, trying to control my nitrates. Having problems convincing the wife that the fish dont need to eat every day.

I tried putting up a piece of algae on a clip, but no takers. But when I took it down I gave it to my large emerald crab and he sat in one spot for about 2-3 days munching away on it. I think he's trying to take out my other emerald crab, who I dont ever see. But I did see the larger clutching the smaller once till I broke it up and gave em algae discs.

I was walking through Fish Planet friday, thinking about buying another cleaner shrimp, when I saw a real nice rock on display. It had a few christmas tree worms, some nice sponges, and good coraline growth. I asked and they were selling it for the worms on it for $35. I debated and said I'd take it. All together I've counted 10-11 worms sprouting. Sometimes I cant tell if its 2 worms or just 1. They look light red ferns from my PC chair, and are constantly ducking back inside their shells and creeping back out. The rock also had a lot of algae growth on it, not sure if it was good or bad. But I picked up my turbo snail and put him on the rock and the algae pretty much disappeared. I'll be watching for it, but it will be nice to have more growth in the tank without adding lights.

I also just noticed a lot of egg sacks on my glass. About 4 clear sacks with a cluster of small specks. Cant wait to see what those are.

Pics of the last few weeks below. No real Coraline growth yet, kinda disappointed in that.

SG 1.026
pH 8.4
NH3 0
NO2 0
NO3 20

 

 
 
 

 
 
 
 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: